An overall analysis of a completed manuscript that includes a detailed report on theme, plot, character development, plausibility, setting and imagery, dialogue, style, and structure. In partnership with the author, a development plan for the manuscript will be created.
This service does not include proofreading or copy editing services. Request a quote.
Edits-4U provides its customers with high-end editing services personalized for their unique needs. I am available to take your order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be treated with respect and courtesy, and your project will be completed on time.
Copy Editing (Two Revisions Max.)
- Sentence rewrites/recasts and suggestions to improve clarity, flow, or tone
- Deletion of repetitive phrases, words, and inappropriate jargon
- Query authors regarding inconsistency, apparent errors in fact or logic, and missing information
- Correct or query paragraphs out of chronological order or other order
- Proofreading services (included)
$2500 and up or $7.50/pp and up (whichever is greatest), academic copy editing $3500 and up or $9.50/pp and up (whichever is greatest)
Proofreading (One Revision Max.)
- Grammar and spelling errors marked up
- Timeline analysis (light)
$1500 and up or $5.00/pp and up (whichever is greatest), academic proofreading $2000 and up or $6.50/pp and up (whichever is greatest)
Full payment is required to initiate engagement. A written services agreement must also be signed before any services will start.
NOTE: The actual cost of the service is based on whichever is greatest — the fixed fee or the per page fee. The manuscript's pages will be counted.
The editing of ad hoc projects (e.g., website copy, digital content, newsletters, emails, advertising/marketing collateral, press releases, technical documents, etc.) is charged an hourly rate of $100 (2-hour minimum).
Request a quote.